Nursing theory and transition to practice (due 20 and 40 hours)
1) Minimum 7 pages (No word count per page)- Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per page
You must strictly comply with the number of paragraphs requested per page.
Part 1: minimum 2 pages
Part 2: minimum 1 page
Part 3: minimum 4 pages
Submit 1 document per part
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraph
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Don’t write in the first person
Don’t copy and paste the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
Submit 1 document per part
3)****************************** It will be verified by Turnitin (Identify the percentage of exact match of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
********************************It will be verified by SafeAssign (Identify the percentage of similarity of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
4) Minimum 3 references (APA format) per part not older than 5 years (Journals, books) (No websites)
Part 1: Minimum 5 references (APA format) per part not older than 5 years (Journals, books) (No websites)
All references must be consistent with the topic-purpose-focus of the parts. Different references are not allowed.
5) Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question. Start your answer on the same line, not the next
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
Part 1: Madeleine Leininger’s Theory of Culture Care Diversity (Due 20 hours)
1. Discuss the theory’s core concepts and their apply in nursing today (2 paragraphs)
2. Relevance of the theory to healthcare and nursing. Also, (2 paragraphs)
a. Connect the theory to healthcare today
3. Application to research and/or practice provided. Also, (1 paragraph)
a. Connect the theory to current research/practice
b. How will this theory advance nursing practice?
4. Summary (1 paragraph)
a. Describe the benefits of the theory for current nursing
a. Include theory strengths and limitations of theory
Part 2: Transition to practice (Due 20 hours)
Topic: Professional Social Networking
One of the best ways to keep informed about what is going on in your profession is social networking. Whether it is a blog or LinkedIn, there are numerous opportunities to make contact with your colleagues and keep informed of what opportunities are available.
1. Discuss various strategies for utilizing social media for your career enhancement.
Part 3: Transition to practice (ONLY Write in the first person) (No references) (It will be verified by Turnitin and SafeAssing) (40 hours)
Graduation and certification are the beginning of your career as an NP. Whether you are looking for that dream job or you have decided to open your own practice as an independent NP, you need a plan to get there. Before the Web and social media, job hunting was relatively simple. Job hunters perused the classifieds, made cold calls, and many times just showed up with a resume in hand. There has been a dramatic change in the last decade in how people find and get jobs, and NPs are no exception. For those seeking employment now, there is a wealth of resources available from mega employment websites to specialty blogs. Finding a job as an NP may not be a big challenge, but landing the position that you have passionately prepared for and pursued is going to take some work. A well-crafted cover letter and resume may be necessary items, but it may not be enough to get you exactly where you want to be. With so many opportunities and career trajectories available to NPs today, you need to focus and get serious about what you want to do and where you want to do it.
Purpose: Develop your own strategic career plan for starting your new career as an NP.
1. What is your career vision? (1 paragraph)
2. Where do you want to work? (pediatric psyquiatry) (1 paragraph)
3. What are your short term and long term goals (give timeline). (1 paragraph)
4. What are the most important things you are looking for? (1 paragraph)
5. Discuss your desires for salary (1 paragraph)
b. Sick leave
c. CME allowance
d. Medical benefits
6. Next, describe your ideal work situation, include (1 paragraph)
a. Is it a rural clinic or major trauma center?
b. Who is your target patient population?
c. Do you have a passion for a particular population or specialty? (1 paragraph)
d. What schedule do you want?
7. What are the priorities in your career right now?
a. Where do you see your career in five years?
8. How do you plan on researching opportunities (whether looking for employment or independent practice site)? (1 paragraph)
a.Describe three (3) methods:
iii. medical employment agencies.
9. Discuss your networking ideas. (1 paragraph)
b. What Internet resources might you use to network and connect with other healthcare providers?
10. How will you prepare for the interview? (1 paragraph)
a. Describe the specific steps for interview
11. Imagine you are starting your own practice: (2 paragraphs)
a. What population will it serve?
b. How will you market your practice?
c. What personnel will you need to hire?
d. How will you obtain funding?
e. Will you be open extended hours to meet the needs of working patients?
f. Will you be the sole provider, or will you hire other providers?