Assignment 3 presentation of the proposal and reflections
Assignment 3: Presentation of the Proposal and Reflections
Due Week 10 and worth 230 points
Refer to the Scenario for the Assignments.
The Scenario for Assignments 1–3:
You will be using this scenario as the guide for your assignments in this class for the quarter.
Assume that your supervisor has appointed you to lead a committee tasked with providing a research-based proposal for integrating emerging technologies into an educational need for your organization (i.e., K12, higher education, corporate or military training). You will develop the plan in stages, which will culminate in a final project that is due in Week 10. Keep in mind that the proposal must be focused on education or training with an emphasis on new technologies. You will need to include a sample outline of how these technologies will be applied in your institution.
Using the list provided here, you must propose the integration of at least two (2) emerging technologies You are welcome to select two (2) from this list or select one (1) from here and research one (1) additional technology of your choosing. The two technologies combined must help to support your learning goals and create an engaging environment for your learners.
1. Etale – Digital Age Learning, located at www.etale.org, provides access to educational documentaries across a wide range of topics.
1. Edmodo, located at www.edmodo.com. Similar to what Facebook and Twitter do for social media, Edmodo is designed specifically for educational needs to keep materials, connections, and all members of the school community in touch.
1. Integrate Twiddla, located at www.twiddla.com, into a training session or lesson for K-12 students. (Twiddla is an online tool that allows students to set up a Web-based meeting playground. Students have the ability to set up conference calls, too.)
1. Evernote, located at www.evernote.com, helps to organize different kinds of media in one place. With everything in one place, this tool is especially useful for sharing ideas for team teaching and collaboration across districts or locations.
1. Softchalk, located at www.softchalk.com, provides a cloud-based solution for collaboration, lesson planning, as well as a way to link content from multiple courses in one place in the cloud.
1. SocialMention, located at http://socialmention.com/, is a social media search engine that highlights content useful for many different kinds of instruction and topics.
1. Padlet, located at https://padlet.com, is a collaborative web board where you can make online class bulletin boards, poster projects, do brainstorming, and other online documents.
1. G Suites for Education, located at https://edu.google.com/, includes Google Classrooms and Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Cloud, and other Google tools where you can create and post assignments, collaborate with your students, and communicate with parents.
Part A: Presentation
Provide a slide presentation in which you:
1. Present the final project you proposed by using a presentation software tool of your choosing except PowerPoint, with at least fifteen (15) main topics/points in your presentation.
2. Include a title slide/screen and references section. (These two slides/screens are not part of the 15 main topics/points requirement.)
3. Provide coherent, clear, organized, and substantive content that can be easily understood by the audience.
4. Provide audio narration of the presentation as if you were delivering the speech. (If you do not have access to a microphone, then provide detailed speaker notes with your presentation.)
5. Provide a link to the two (2) productivity / technology tool(s) you chose to demonstrate the application of the tool into a lesson or training.
6. Provide a brief demonstration or explanation of how these tools will be utilized by your organization. (For example, if you are using a form of social media explain how your organization might use that technology to keep students or faculty informed about events, changes, closings, etc.)
7. Include one point outlining the cost(s) of the technologies and what your organization would need to support them (i.e. additional servers, training for faculty, etc.).
8. In addition to the presentation, create an infographic*, or flowchart to summarize your presentation. This should be something that can be displayed where members of your organization can get an overview of the new technologies being implemented.
9. Provide at least five (5) peer-reviewed references, published in the last three (3) years.
(*If you have never created an infographic, you can find free templates here: http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/free-ppt-infographic-templates-designs-ht)
Part B: Reflection
Provide your personal reflection, highlighting what you learned from researching these technologies and developing the project. Discuss your personal observations of the tools and its applicability in an actual work or school setting. (Approximately two  paragraphs.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Follow APA for formatting guidelines. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover slide and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Directions for submitting your presentation.
· Submit your Summary in the area designated by your professor.
· Review at least two (2) other classmates’ presentations and post a response indicating what you learned by identifying two (2) specific points that were made in the presentation.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Examine different types of technological resources for educational purposes.
· Evaluate how technology can change the content and methods of education.
· Analyze how technology can support the learning of diverse students.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in integrating technology into education.
· Write clearly and concisely about integrating technology into education using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.