The chief of police has asked you to create a powerpoint presentation | Computers, Technology, and Criminal Justice Information Systems | Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
Create a 7-9 slide PowerPoint Presentation incorporating speaker notes that you and your team would present to the Mayor’s Committee for approval to purchase future technology for your Department. Convince Mayor Taylor that he should approve the funds for your precinct to purchase new equipment by analyzing the future of information technology in the criminal justice system.
Be sure to address the following:
- Explain the impact of information technology on the criminal justice system. You may choose police, courts or corrections. (What are the future trends and/or types of technology?)
- Choose three or more examples of how information technology in criminal justice will help the city in the future. (This could be police, courts or corrections in the field a look towards the future.)
- Describe how information technology can impact policing in the future. (What are some examples of the impact?)
- Analyze three current advancements in technology that the criminal justice system has implemented and how this technology has aided the criminal justice system in either solving crime or related to police, courts or corrections.
- Justify the technology that you choose (crime mapping,)
The PowerPoint presentation should have the following characteristics:
- Bullets for your main points.
- Must include speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the slide bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.
- Contains a title and references slide.
- Research from at least two reliable sources to support the main message, including graphics.
NOTE: Sources should be from beyond the course material. Locate relevant information related to three or more ways in which information technology may be used in the criminal justice system in the future and demonstrate the ability to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information associated to the technology of the future.
- Research and visuals are cited in APA citation format, both in-text and on a References slide. You need to quote material taken directly from a source. The same standards for documenting sources that apply to an essay, apply to a presentation. Go to the APA Style® Central website for a digital library of APA Style quick guides and tutorials to refine your writing.
- Designed with a live audience in mind in order to inform your viewers about the topic.
To learn more about creating speaker notes in PowerPoint, review the webpage below.