Why does cryptography software fail
Read the case study titled, “Why does cryptographic software fail? A case study and open problems.” Conduct research in the Strayer University library as well as the Internet to research The Office of Management and Budget Data Breach. Also, research the results that multiple organizations have experienced when they have implemented cryptographic software.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Examine two major mistakes the Office of Management and Budget made with cryptographic software. Recommend two actions that companies can take in order to avoid these common mistakes and vulnerabilities with cryptographic software.
- Briefly describe the Office of Management and Budget and its experience with cryptographic software. Analyze the organization’s actions (or lack thereof) following the mistake or vulnerability.
- Provide your opinion on the Office of Management and Budget’s actions or plans to correct the mistake or vulnerability to avoid it from reoccurring. If the Office of Management and Budget has not corrected or does not have a plan to correct the mistake or vulnerability, suggest one action that it should take in order to correct the mistake or vulnerability. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Examine the most common results that the Office of Management and Budget have experienced when they implemented cryptographic software. Speculate two reasons why organizations see such results. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three quality references in this assignment.