Leadership 2 (due 24 hours)
1) Minimum 5 full pages (No word count per page)- Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per part.
Part 1: Minimum 2 pages
Part 2: minimum 3 pages
Submit 1 document per part
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraph
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Don’t write in the first person
Don’t copy and paste the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
Submit 1 document per part
3)****************************** It will be verified by Turnitin (Identify the percentage of exact match of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
********************************It will be verified by SafeAssign (Identify the percentage of similarity of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
4) Minimum 4 references per part not older than 5 years
All references must be consistent with the topic-purpose-focus of the parts. Different references are not allowed.
5) Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question. Start your answer on the same line, not the next
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
Part 1: Leadership
You have just come from your 6-month performance evaluation as a new charge nurse. While your supervisor stated that he was very pleased in general with how you are performing in this new role, one area that he suggested you work on was to learn to be calmer in hectic clinical situations. He suggested that your anxiety could be transmitted to coworkers and subordinates who look to you to be their role model. He feels that you are especially anxious when staffing is short and that at times you vent your frustrations to your staff, which only adds to the general anxiety level on the unit.
1. Create a specific plan of 10 things you can do to bolster your emotional intelligence in terms of self-regulation during stressful times. Explain them.
Part 2: Leadership
You are the night shift charge nurse on a busy surgical unit in a large, urban teaching hospital. Surgeries occur around the clock, and frequently, noise levels are higher than desired because of the significant number of nurses, physicians, residents, interns, and other health-care workers who gather at the nurses station or in the halls outside of patient rooms. Today, the unit manager has come to you because the hospital’s score on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (hCahPS) survey for the category Always Quiet at Night falls far below the desired benchmark. She has asked you to devise a plan to address this quality of care issue. The management goal in this situation is to achieve an HCAHPS score on Always Quiet at Night that meets the accepted best practices benchmark, thus assuring that patients get the rest they need to promote their recovery. The leadership goal is to foster a shared commitment among all health-care professionals working on the unit to achieve the Always Quiet at Night goal.
1. Identify five management strategies you might use to address the problem of excessive noise on the unit at night.
For example, your list might include structural environmental changes or work redesign.
2. Identify five leadership strategies you might use to promote buy-in of the Quiet at Night initiative by all health-care professionals on the unit.
3. How will you inspire these health-care professionals to work with you in achieving this critically important goal?
a. What incentives might you use to reward behavior conducive to meeting this goal? Why these incentives?
4. Discuss whether you feel this goal could be achieved by employing only the management strategies you identified. Why?
5. Could it be goal achieved only with the implementation of leadership strategies for team building? Why?