Project proposal summary | Management homework help
Scenario: You are researching a business development idea for your company. The project should apply IT technology to your company processes to improve your business. Suggested IT business development ideas include implementing an eCommerce solution for a commercial or consumer website, a customer relationship sales/support system (CRM), or collaboration technology to improve company and customer communication and information flow.
The first step in creating a high-level Information Technology (IT) project plan is to develop a project proposal summary of your IT project in the context of your business proposal. The project proposal summary is intended to describe high-level elements of the project. The project proposal summary is a working document, which is expected to change over time during the course as new project details emerge. Your audience for this document is your organization’s board of directors, and you are seeking their approval.
Send a 2- to 3-sentence private message to the facilitator describing your IT project proposal and proceed with the assignment after you receive instructor approval.
Create a project proposal summary in a maximum of 700 words that includes the following information regarding your chosen enterprise, described in a short paragraph of 2 to 4 sentences per bullet:
- A brief description of your proposed IT project (What are you planning to do?)
- A description of the business reason for the project (Why do you want to do it?)
- How does executing this project make your company better/different/special? (Differentiation)
- What is the competition doing to solve this problem or add this capability?
- Explain the consequences if the project is not performed. (What if we don’t do it?)
- What is the approximate budget, return on investment (ROI), and schedule? If possible, include a brief description of potential risks.
- Ask the board for approval for a specific amount by a certain date.
Format consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.