Systems analysis and development | CMGT555 Systems Analysis And Development | University of Phoenix
Part 1: Comparing SDLC Approaches and Recommendation
You have been hired to implement the CRM system for WeLoveVideo. Part of your job is to propose and recommend a project approach based on several models.
A meeting is scheduled for next week with the WeLoveVideo CIO to discuss your recommendations on the project approach.
Prepare for this meeting by developing a 6 to 8–slide multimedia-rich presentation with speaker notes that explains the Waterfall and Agile SDLCs and how your
team will guide WeLoveVideo. Include the following in your presentation:
• Explain the typical phases that comprise an entire systems project of Waterfall and Agile SDLCs
• Identify differences in documentation produced, with an explanation as to why it would or would not be used
• Explain stakeholder expectations that should be set based on the chosen SDLC
• Determine the pros and cons associated with each Waterfall and Agile SDLC
• Include a relevant graphic summary or chart comparing Waterfall and Agile for the WeLoveVideo CRM project, including features, team, delivery, and
• Identify attributes within WeLoveVideo that would dictate your recommendation on the type of SDLC you would lean toward
Presentation Note: The slides in your multimedia-rich presentation should only contain essential information and as little text as possible. Do not design a slide
presentation made up of long bullet points. Your speaker notes must convey the details you would give if you were presenting. Review the Create Speaker Notes
video for more help.
• Compose an executive summary to accompany your presentation that includes your SDLC recommendation and references to support your
recommendation. This summary for the executive team is typically 1- to 2 pages in length.
Format your citations per APA guidelines
Part 2: Project Plans
After consideration of your proposal from Part 1, the WeLoveVideo CIO is having a hard time envisioning how the project would be executed based on your
recommendations. She has asked your company to develop a project plan in both Waterfall and Agile so she can better understand the implications to her team.
Use Microsoft® Excel®, Project, or another project management tool of your choice (and approved by your instructor) for your project plans.
Design a Waterfall and an Agile milestone-level project plans for the WeLoveVideo CIO in which you:
• Develop a Waterfall approach milestone-level project plan with inputs and outputs for each phase of the project based on the SDLC with milestones at the
end of each project phase and within phases, if applicable
• Design a Waterfall approach milestone-level project plan with comprehensive SDLC phases
• Develop an Agile approach milestone-level project plan with inputs and outputs for each phase of the project based on the SDLC with milestones at the
end of each project phase and within phases if applicable
• Design an Agile approach milestone-level project plan with comprehensive SDLC phases