Principles of personnel and human resource management
Topic: New Position Creation: Legal Issues
As a human resources director for a mid-sized company, you have been asked to create and staff a new position in the company. In this assignment, you will analyze the legalities of creating this new position and propose ways to mitigate the potential legal issues surrounding the filling of the position.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· Refer to the media piece “Task Analysis” available at http://cods.gcumedia.com/psy836/vp02.html.
· Include two scholarly resources other than those in the assigned readings with appropriate references and in-text citations.
· Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
Part 1: Concept Map
1. Identify a new position you will create and staff for a mid-size company. You will use this new position throughout course assignments and DQs.
2. Use the “Task Analysis” media piece to access the concept map generator. Use the concept map generator to create a basic concept map of the new position you will create and staff.
3. Write a brief (250 -300 words) job description for the job based on the concept map. Include this description below the concept map on the first document.
4. Part 2: Legality Paper
5. Write a paper (750-1,000 words) that analyzes the legalities of creating and staffing the new position for which you developed the concept map in the above step. Include the following in the analysis:
6. Describe the legal considerations surrounding the creation of the job description for the position. How does it address the issues of fairness and discrimination policies?
7. Describe the legal considerations surrounding the compensation offered, and a statement describing legally and ethically acceptable strategies for mitigation against potential legal claims surrounding the filling of the position.
8. Part 1 needs to be a separate document from Part 2.