Project closure & lessons learned + curriculum map
Part 1: Project Closure & Lessons Learned
There are two components of this assignment:
You will be writing a brief essay on the closure and lessons learned process.
You will be preparing and submitting a curriculum map that outlines your course progression through the program that will result in a successful completion of either the concentration, certificate, or program.
This assignment is directly linked to the following key learning outcomes from the course syllabus:
- Describing administrative project closure tasks
- Describing how to conduct a Lessons Learned and how to work with the results of this process.
In addition to these key learning outcomes, you will also have the opportunity to evidence the following skills through completing this assignment:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Professional writing
For this assignment, you are to write a three page paper describing the key elements of the project closure and lessons learned process. In order to do well on the this paper, you need to provide not only an overview of the key elements of the closure process, but you need to address why these elements are important and necessary, and you should also speak to how the main elements should be completed. Within the content of your writing on project closure, you should provide information on how one should conduct a lessons learned, who should be involved, how information might be gathered, and how the results can and should be used in a consistent manner. Please review the general guidelines below as well as the attached rubric for information on how I will be specifically evaluating your submission.
Here are some general guidelines for formatting:
- Make appropriate use of title and headers
- Paper should follow APA6 formatting guidelines throughout
- Paper should cite a minimum of two sources
- Paper should be no less than 3 pages and no more than 4 pages in length (this is the body of the paper, and it does not include the title page or reference page)
Part 2: Curriculum Map
Based upon all of the discussions, and material you have reviewed, throughout the term, you will now prepare a curriculum map. The curriculum map should include:
- A term by term plan of courses you plan on taking through to graduation.
- The identification of a concentration based upon the discussions in the course.
- What actions you need to take as an academic to ensure that you are successful in executing against your curriculum map.
- What areas of improvement would you like to focus on in terms of your academic journey whether it be writing, additional project knowledge, etc.