Activity-based costing (abc) in service industries
Activity-Based Costing (ABC) in Service Industries
Research a publicly traded company that engages in e-commerce activities.
Write a 5–6-page paper in which you:
- Describe the company you researched in 1–2 paragraphs.
- Discuss how an Activity-Based Costing (ABC) system can be implemented in the company you researched and the benefits that the use will yield to the business performance.
- Assess how using an ABC system can provide a competitive advantage to the company in the e-commerce marketplace for which it competes and the resulting impact to the business performance.
- Examine the potential impact of ABC costing on e-commerce activities compared to those provided through traditional channels, considering how this knowledge will impact decisions made by management about these services.
- Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Use the Strayer Library to conduct your research. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. Check standardization to see if SWS language should be added for grad courses.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate the impact an Activity-Based Costing (ABC) system could have on a company’s business performance, competitive advantage, costs, and management decisions.