6-1 activity: journal | Psychology homework help
Modules Three and Five exposed you to the tension between traits and states. In this module, you learn about the adjustment domain. What do you do if you realize you are acting in a way that you feel contradicts your normal behavior due to internal or external stressors? Learning more about strategies for adjustment and coping can help you navigate through times of stress in both your personal and professional life. Chapter 13 of your text and your own personal experience will help you complete this journal.
After reading Chapter 13 of your text, use the Module Six Journal Template to answer the following questions. Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Explain to what extent you value flexibility in yourself. Your response should be about 2 to 3 sentences in length.
- Describe your most common responses to stressors. Your response should be about 2 to 3 sentences in length.
- Based on the results of your Big Five Personality Test and your own personal reflection, on a scale of low, mixed, or high, describe how you would rate your stress tolerance using the traits of hardiness, optimism, and dispositional optimism. Your response should be about 4 to 6 sentences in length.
- Describe how you struggle with traits that negatively affect the coping process. Your response should be about 2 to 3 sentences in length.
- Describe the strategies you use when you find yourself experiencing cognitive distortions. Your response should be about 2 to 3 sentences in length.
- Describe the applications of adjustment and coping you see in your experiences in the workplace, at school, or in your relationships with others. Your response should be about 2 to 3 sentences in length.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit your completed Module Six Journal Template. If you cite external resources, you must use APA citation style.