Assignment 2. global intellectual capital – global business savvy
Review the material below and answer the following questions:
· Managing Executive Attention in the Global Company(MIT Sloan Management Review, 7 pages, great advice on prioritizing as an executive)
· Developing global readiness before leaving home(5 page article, read the introduction, skip over any repetitive material about the GMI, and read any of the other information that you find helpful your own development)
· Overcoming a little local difficulty(Marketing Week, 2 pages, advice for global brand leadership in host economies)
· Developing the Global Executive
· Optional: Global Mindset Text Ch. 1 Global Business Savvy
1. What experiences in your personal and professional life contributed to your score on global business savvy? How do you feel about your scores and are any of these GMI dimensions a focal point for you to develop going forward?
2. How does this material help you, personally, enhance your global mindset capabilities and be a more effective leader and manager? Be specific by referring to the articles.
3. Optional: If you purchased the Global Mindset e-text, complete at least one of the recommendations/activities from the Global Business Savvy chapter to improve your competence in this dimension of global mindset, and share what you learned with your teammates. If the activity you chose requires a longer process, share with your teammates how much progress you’ve made.
Post answers to all the questions proposed in the assignment