Discussion 2.1 | English homework help
After reading “For Environmental Balance, Pick Up a Rifle” by Nicholas D. Kristof in Chapter Five of your textbook, post your answers to the following questions:
- Is the slightly humorous tone of Kristof’s essay inappropriate for a discussion of deliberately killing wild animals? Why or why not?
- Does Kristof make any tacit or implicit assumption* with which you disagree? With which you agree?
- To what extent has Kristof convinced you?
*Definition from Wikipedia: “A tacit assumption or implicit assumption is an assumption that includes the underlying agreements or statements made in the development of a logical argument, course of action, decision, or judgment that are not explicitly voiced nor necessarily understood by the decision maker or judge. Often, these assumptions are made based on personal life experiences and are not consciously apparent in the decision-making environment. These assumptions can be the source of apparent paradoxes, misunderstandings, and resistance to change in human organizational behavior.
In order to earn the full points for this assignment, you must:
- Directly and completely answer the questions.
- Clearly and accurately explain your answer based on factual information.
- Include examples, quotes and/or paraphrases in your answer.
- Compose a unified paragraph using effective sentence structure, word choice, and grammatical correctness.
- Respond to another student’s post explaining the reason for your agreement or disagreement.
Reminder: Please make sure to comply with all Netiquette Guidelines listed in the Getting Started module.