Hsa5400-deliverable 4 – conducting a comparative financial analysis
Analyze financial statements to assess performance and to ensure organizational improvement and long-term viability.
In an ongoing effort to explore the feasibility of expanding services into rural areas of the state, leadership at Memorial Hospital has determined that conducting a review of its financial condition will be essential to ensuring the organization’s ability to successfully achieve its expansion goals.
The CFO has provided you with a copy of the organization’s financial statements
. This information will be critical in evaluating the organization’s financial capacity to support the proposed expansion of services into the rural areas of the state.
You are asked to review these financial statements (which include the Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, and the Balance Sheet) and prepare an executive summary outlining the financial strength of the organization and evidence to support the expansion. Your executive summary should include the following:
- An overview of the issue.
- A review of critical financial ratios (Liquidity, Solvency, Profitability, and Efficiency) based on financial statements.
- Inferences of forecasts, estimates, interpretations, and conclusions based on the key ratios.
- Provide a recommendation based on ration analysis.
This link has information for creating an executive summary.
1. Comprehensive identification of summary of the issue. Includes multiple examples or supporting details.
2. Clear and thorough review of critical financial ratios–Liquidity, Solvency, Profitability, and Efficiency–based on financial statements. Includes multiple examples or supporting details per topic.
3. Clear and thorough inferences of forecasts, estimates, interpretations, and conclusions based on the key ratios. Includes multiple examples or supporting details per topic.
4. Comprehensive recommendation, based on ration analysis. Includes multiple examples or supporting details.