Wk 4, hcs 430: laws and regulations in health care
In this Benchmark Assignment you will research a law or regulation and discuss the impact that law or regulation has on the health care industry. As a manager, it is important to understand the requirements of laws and regulations as well as the role accreditation and regulatory agencies play in the health care industry.
Research the following health care regulations, and select one law or regulation to focus on for this assignment:
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- HITECH Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
- False Claims Act
- Anti-Kickback Statute
- Stark Law (Physician Self-Referral Law)
- Human Research Protections
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you:
- Evaluate the impact the law or regulation selected has on the health care industry.
- Evaluate what impact the legal and regulatory requirements of the law or regulation you selected has on the health care industry.
- Analyze the role accreditation and regulatory agencies play in the law or regulation you selected.
Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Include and identify the introduction, subtitles (as questions listed), and conclusion.