Developing a plan for success
Developing a Plan for Success
The purpose of this assignment is to help you reflect on the interconnected components of your doctoral journey and develop a plan for success to achieve your goals. This assignment will also help you prepare for and get the most out of your first phone conversation with your Academic Advising Support.
Completing your doctoral degree requires more than just academic skills. It also includes:
- Understanding the academic requirements of your doctoral program and how those requirements are integrated with, and build upon, one another to lead to the completion of your degree.
- Effectively managing your time and budget.
- Enlisting the support of others, such as family, friends, colleagues, classmates, or faculty.
- Maintaining your motivation by revisiting your goals and purpose for earning a doctoral degree.
Step 1: Check the scoring guide.
- Open the Developing a Plan for Success Scoring Guide in the Resources to see how this assignment will be graded.
Step 2: Complete the assignment.
- Open the Developing a Plan for Success Worksheet in the Resources and follow the directions to complete it.
- Save your completed worksheet as a Word document to your computer using the following title: u02a1_Your Name.
Step 3: Submit your assignment.
- Attach your Word document to this assignment and submit it. To do that, complete the following:
- Click the u02a1 Unit 2 Assignment 1 heading.
- In the assignment area, click Browse My Computer to locate and attach your document to this assignment.