First two stages of the ccc model
Using the concepts espoused by Jones and Brinkert (2008), discuss the first two stages of their CCCM. Address four of these six topics.
- Given the conflict-coaching scenario you created, as a conflict coach, discuss how you can discover the story (apply the general principles for discovering the story)
- Why is it important to uncover the root of the conflict?
- How can you help the conflicted parties save face? (Think about face work as a means of managing identity)
- How can you apply the theories of emotion to create emotional competence within the conflict coaching model? (Hint: Use the four basic tenets)
- What role does the power perspective play in relation to identity and emotion?
- How might the behavior-based approach affect your CCCM strategy?