Biological science theories | MPH 602 Social & Biological Determinants of Public Health | Ashford University
PLEASE READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS. NO PLAGIARISM! NO QUOTES, MUST PARAPHRASE. I WILL CHECK FOR RECYCLED WORK AND PLAGIARISM, SO WILL THE TEACHERS. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE 07/13/21 AT 9PM PST. IF YOU CANT MEET THIS DEADLINE, DONT AGREE TO DO MY ASSIGNMENT. PRICE ISNT NEGOTIABLE. PLEASE READ GRADING RUBRIC. TEACHERS USE THE GRADING RUBRIC TO DETERMINE GRADE. IF DIRECTIONS ARENT BEING FOLLOWED, I WILL DISPUTE RIGHT AWAY. LETS AVOID THAT.
In this assignment you are being asked to focus on biological determinants. While not nearly as common as social determinants, biological determents can also have a major impact on an individual’s quality of life. In the directions below you are being asked to pair a biological determinant with a biological theory from the Instructor Guidance to demonstrate several real-world public health actions.
- Use this biological science : Family history of disease – An individual whose family member, especially a parent, suffers from a health condition is highly susceptible to that health condition
- Choose one biological determinant of health.
- Compare and contrast the relationship between the social determinant of health you discussed in your Week 2 Place Matters Assignment (Environment we live in) and the relationship between the biological determinant of health and the biological science theory you chose above.
In your evaluation, consider and address the following:
- What are the social implications of using biological science theories in public health interventions? Use scholarly research to support your reasoning.
- What is the relationship between biological science theories and biological determinants of health? Use scholarly research to support your reasoning.
- How are biological science theories used at the national and international levels to address determinants of health (social, behavioral, etc.)? Use scholarly research to support your reasoning.
- Using a real world biological determinants public health intervention and a real world social determinants public health intervention, compare and contrast the outcomes and the overall impact.
- Why are biological determinants often overlooked in public interventions when compared with social determinants? How do the interventions vary and consider social and political factors that may be involved?
The Biological Science Theories paper
- Must be four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least eight government and/or scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.