Case study 10 | Applied Sciences homework help
42-year-old man presents to ED with 2-day history of dysuria, low back pain, inability to fully empty his bladder, severe perineal pain along with fevers and chills. He says the pain is worse when he stands up and is somewhat relieved when he lies down. Vital signs T 104.0 F, pulse 138, respirations 24. PaO2 96% on room air. Digital rectal exam (DRE) reveals the prostate to be enlarged, extremely tender, swollen, and warm to touch.
In your Case Study Analysis related to the scenario provided, explain the following:
- The factors that affect fertility (STDs).
- Why inflammatory markers rise in STD/PID.
- Why prostatitis and infection happen. Also explain the causes of systemic reaction.
- Why a patient would need a splenectomy after a diagnosis of ITP.
- Anemia and the different kinds of anemia (i.e., micro, and macrocytic).