Case study.-management process planning | Human Resource Management homework help
Application – The Role of Control in the Management Planning Process
Toshiba Adopts Six Sigma case is an example of a company recognizing that it is out of control and adversely affecting performance and profits. They recognized that a new, fresh leader was needed to redirect efforts. They chose someone who was adaptable and willing to change, and, just as important, was open to technological innovations and unafraid to introduce and employ them. They opened the appropriate computer systems to suppliers in an effort to streamline and control materials purchasing. They actually “partnered” with their suppliers and ask for and listened to supplier suggestions.
- Read the Experiential Learning case study Toshiba Adopts Six Sigma on page 574.
- Answer the following questions:
- Were the controls feedforward, concurrent, feedback?
- What was the main focus of the controls Toshiba established?
- How did Toshiba monitor the new controls?