Pn 2 week 1 discussion post
Clinical Judgment is the process of integrating evidence-based practice, critical-thought, the Nursing Process, knowledge, skills, and attitudes, as well as application of theory to practice in order to promote safe, quality care to clients in all settings.
Keeping that in mind, answer the following scenario:
You are the Charge Nurse in a large Urban Emergency Department (ED). You nursing staff include:
- RN with 12 years of Trauma ED experience
- New RN with 6 months ED experience
- RN from the Medical Surgical floor with 8 years of experience
The following patients are in the ED, which patient will you give to each of the nurses and why?
- A 76-year-old client who was involved in a motor vehicle accident and has hematuria.
- A 38-year-old client with kidney stones complaining of severe pain.
- A 24-year-old diabetic client with an acute urinary tract infection who will require discharge teaching.
- An 80-year-old client that has not had a bowel movement for 4 days.
Please make an initial post by midweek, and respond to at least two other student’s posts with substantial details that demonstrate an understanding of the concepts, and critical thinking. Remember that your posts must exhibit appropriate writing mechanics including using proper language, cordiality, and proper grammar and punctuation. If you refer to any outside sources or reference materials be sure to provide proper attribution and/or citation.
Each initial discussion post should be a minimum of 2 paragraphs with 5 sentences per paragraph