Assigment | English homework help
This study sheet will help you to write a rough draft of the writing assignment that you will revise later on. Answer the following questions as you work through your study to build a strong and successful essay.
In this activity, you’ll be writing an explanatory essay about the heroic attributes of Odysseus. You’ll look at specific descriptions and choose strong examples to support your explanation.
- Writing an explanatory essay with an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion
- Developing a strong introduction paragraph
- Using relevant evidence from the text
2. Write the introduction of your explanatory essay. Be sure to end with your claim and show that you are knowledgeable about the topic.
3. What reasons and evidence will you provide to support your claim?
4. Choose two quotes from “In the One-Eyed Giant’s Cave” that you can use to support your claim.
5. What other examples from the text can you use to support your claim about Odysseus?
6. Write your three body paragraphs here, being sure to include transitions.
7. Re-read your introduction and body paragraphs. How can you wrap this essay up? Try writing a conclusion paragraph. Remember to restate your claim, and to touch on why you believe your claim is correct.